Cleantech, Climate Change, and Sustainability
Opportunities abound for businesses to develop and supply environmentally sustainable products and services. This is due to an historic convergence of forces: awareness of climate change and other pressures on the environment, incentive and subsidy programs, government regulation, shareholder activism, consumer tastes and demands, and efforts of non-profit organizations. As a result, businesses are rapidly changing their practices, or seeking assistance to make meaningful changes.
Counsel Direct helps clients take advantage of the opportunities available in the Green economy including clean technologies, renewable energy, green building, and a host of other business and environmental initiatives. Also, as laws change we give counsel on how best to comply.
If your business wishes to develop and implement sustainable practices, we have resources that you can call on. By combining our legal background and associations with expert advisory firms, we can assist you to accomplish a host of projects. These include assessing your business’ carbon footprint, implementing action plans for carbon reduction, and carbon offset and accounting programs.
Cleantech refers to renewable, sustainable, and/or environmentally safe technologies. The Cleantech industry focuses primarily on environmentally-sustainable technologies in four key areas: energy, water, materials and transportation. Some of the core technologies include Energy Generation, Energy Storage, Energy Infrastructure, Energy Efficiency, Transportation, Water & Wastewater, Air & Environment, Materials, Manufacturing/Industrial, Agriculture, and Recycling & Waste.
Counsel Direct assists clients to bring innovative and sustainable products, services, and processes to the marketplace. We advise emerging and established companies in the following areas:
- Business Formation
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses and Green Business Interests (More)
- Intellectual Property Purchasing and Licensing (More)
- Project Financing and Development
- “Green” Leasing, LEED Compliance and related Real Estate Matters (More)
- Energy Projects and Permitting
- Carbon Offset and Accounting Programs
- Carbon Monitoring and Analysis
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Regulation and Reduction
- Regulatory Compliance and Advice at the Federal, State, and Local levels
- Customer and Supplier Issues
- Distribution and Sales Representative Agreements
- Leases (More)
- Partnership and Strategic Alliance Agreements (More)
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Employment Matters (More)
- Shareholder Agreements and Disputes
- Purchase Order and Sales Order Terms & Conditions
- Litigation, Mediation, and Arbitration (More)
Attorney Advertising/Disclaimer. This Web site contains attorney