Counsel Direct’s business law practice serves the needs of the business community. We help clients to seize opportunities and limit downside exposure. We work with both new and existing businesses and particularly enjoy working with small, growing companies.
Our services include:
- Corporate and Limited Liability Company formation
- Intellectual property licensing
- Contracts, and transaction terms and conditions
- Customer and Supplier issues
- Distribution & Sales Rep Agreements
- Cleantech, Climate Change, and Sustainability – supporting sustainable companies and technologies (More)
- Leases, including Green Leasing (More)
- Partnership and Strategic Alliance agreements (More)
- Confidentiality agreements
- Employment matters (More)
- Business Purchases and Sales (More)
- Shareholder Agreements and Disputes
- Purchase Order & Sales Order Terms/Conditions
- Collections and other services needed by new and existing businesses
- Project financing and development
- Litigation, Mediation, and Arbitration (More)
The Lawyer’s Role in Business Growth & Success
Counsel Direct's primary service to business clients is to help you grow your business faster and more successfully. We provide value in several ways:
- anticipating and removing legal roadblocks
- making business decisions based on advice appropriate for your needs
- streamlining repetitive legal tasks
- reducing the costs and instances of litigation through preventive legal counseling
The firm serves the special legal needs of entrepreneurs and emerging growth companies. We work with promising new ventures, whether high technology companies, those focused on sustainable products or markets, or brick and mortar businesses. Our partnership with these companies enables them to meet the legal challenges of growth: determining an appropriate business form, securing financing, exploiting and protecting intellectual property, managing human resources, building a corporate infrastructure, and reducing the risks of litigation.
Building an Infrastructure
There are many steps involved in creating an infrastructure that will help our clients business grow. Counsel Direct offers experience in business formations, commercial law, real estate, construction and acquisitions to support your expansion. We can help you increase your sources of revenue with distribution and leasing agreements.
Managing Your Workforce
As your company grows, so do the legal challenges of managing your workforce. Counsel Direct can provide assistance in labor and employment counseling, compensation, and litigation issues.